Buyer – Electronics
iBuy is a rapidly expanding retail and wholesale distributor, specializing in consumer electronics, kitchenware, apparel, and more, but always looking to develop new categories and expand our reach. Our mission is to deliver the highest quality products to our customers and satisfy their needs through rapid and responsive services.
A Look At Our Work Environment
Our company culture is conducive to success with open communication and collaboration provided through an open office design. We seek to allow our people to grow by providing autonomy in their work and guidance when it is sought out.
We value our people and their efforts, which is why we hold weekly, in-office raffles for a $100 Visa gift card, monthly lunches, quarterly events, and holiday parties.
What You’ll Do
To continue our growth and success the Buyer position will be responsible for building on our inventory and product lines by procuring products through preexisting and continually accumulated relationships with vendors. You will conduct research to understand what products are in demand and the continuity of that demand. You will collaborate with the team and report to our General Manager, who will offer guidance and knowledge as needed. By bringing in high quality products in large volume you will help the company achieve the high levels of customer satisfaction that we pride ourselves on.
- Develop new and existing vendor relationships to maintain a steady flow of inventory.
- Prepare, send, and follow up on purchase orders and bid requests to vendors.
- Research trending products in new and existing product categories and assess their value.
- Work to develop pricing strategy through an understanding of profit margins, competitive prices, and demand.
- Track shipment delivery schedules with vendors and shippers.
- Analyze price proposals, sales reports, inventory reports and market research to determine current market value and performance of products purchased.
- Request for return authorizations from vendors for products that need to be returned and follow up to ensure proper credits are received.
- 1-3 Years’ experience in a buying position.
- Preexisting relationships with vendors capable of supplying multitudinous SKUs of product.
- Robust communication skills to establish rapport with vendors.
- Negotiation skills to attain ideal profit margins on products.
- Ability to research and identify emerging products and their value.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday (9:00am – 5:00pm)
Work Location: On-site
iBuy is an equal opportunity employer and considers quality applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.